Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Day 1

I thought I'd try to make my own advent calendar this year. I've been wanting to for a few years now, but my ideas were always to big and thus never happened. I'm thankful that I found an easy way that met what I wanted. Cut envelopes in half, tape Christmas ornaments with the names of God (found on Pinterest, but not pinned so I don't have the source), insert Bible verse advent cards found here (via pinterest) and a simple activity. Voila! I'm trying to keep my expectations simple as well.  I just want our family to take at least one moment together each day to remember what this time of year is really about. The beginning of Jesus' journey here on this earth.

Day 1 - Decorate the tree




Luke 1:26-27
 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the descendants of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment